I am Mond

Thursday, August 12, 2004

The Danes

Just over the last week I have noticed how relaxed the people around here are. For example, nearly everyone goes home on time, i.e. overtime - what's that?

And every Friday (for our team anyway) we have an informal "roll meeting", which consists of 20 minutes of eating bread rolls, with the options of butter, jam and chocolate plus coffee. The Danes have a thing about having 'open' sandwiches, i.e. in respect to the roll is halved then each half is eaten separately. I am starting to like doing it that way. I also found half a roll, butter and a 'slice' of dark chocolate to be very enjoyable. Not in a "touch ma willy" sort of way though.

I'm not entirely convinced that those around me actually do any work. So when the manager was in Germany for the day, everyone stood around talking, having more "roll" meetings and more general slacking.

Another example happened today when I was told that there was going to be free ice cream from 2pm. What? Is this some sort of new terrorist ploy? Or a "surprise". I never got the email. But no, it was actually because it has been hot here for a while so ice cream cones (Cornetto substitutes) where distributed down in the workshop. I had two. There was also a fridge/freezer that 'foxed' a few of them into thinking the ice creams were inside, as by 2.05pm there were still no promised ice creams.

Oh well, I like the laid back atmosphere...

Farvel, tiz home time. (I work 7.30am till 3.30pm (it's an hour ahead of Scotland), which after a week I actually prefer because I can enjoy the rest of the sun in my back garden).

--
// mond

1 Comments:

  • Hullo dear! I started my own blog so I can comment on yours. Not that I have anything to contribute... It's fun! Anyway. Next time I comment I'll actually have something to say eh?!

    By Blogger Mariken, at 1:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home