I am Mond

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Restructure THIS!

Just in case you were wondering, I am back on the hunt for a job as I didn't get the Agilent one. :(

I received an email yesterday afternoon that said:

"...you were shortlisted for a position within out Signal Analysis Division, and due to your knowledge in DSP, you were our number one candidate. Unfortunately, due to restructuring, this position was cancelled on Friday last week and therefore we can not proceed with an offer of employment. However, you were an extremely strong candidate and we would like to hold your details on file and should any additional suitable vacancies emerge we can be in contact with you."


So basically I had the job until Friday there when they decided to cut it. Obviously rather disappointed, especially due to the nature of the rejection, as I really wanted to work for them. Och well, not the end of the world like, but it would of sure made it a nicer place for moi! ;)

Just reassuring to know that during studying for exams (starting in two weeks!!), I have something secured at the end of it, so I don't have to worry about getting one. Suppose it will make me more focused on studying as that is thee main thing to worry about right now. I'll just have to put aside some time every week to look and apply for jobs.

As a matter of fact, I just applied to two positions with Nokia (in England though). May as well, just to see what happens. I heard back from Nallatech that they passed on my details to the engineering department but they have "no plans for a graduate recruitment campaign this year" :(

Anyone have a job then? ;)

--
Derek

2 Comments:

  • Och honey... Still sad you didn't get it. Life is unfair! Especially when other people do get the jobs... Hard eh? I spoke to the Careers Service today. Usefull, definitely. Don't want you to move to England:(... Guess we'll just see what happens. I would employ you TODAY if I could;)! Love you hon.

    Xx Tootz

    By Blogger Mariken, at 11:38 am  

  • Hey liefsy!

    Where is that Greece post!? I am dying to read it;).

    Love,
    Tootz

    By Blogger Mariken, at 10:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home