I am Mond

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Blog Time No See

Poor I know.

And I not just talking about the title either.

The main thing that has been holding me back from posting again is that I just can't be bothered writing about the last three weeks of our time in Denmark.

So for some reason I can be bothered and I bestow upon thee some events I can remember are:

Grundfos Xmas party which we arrived to late - yes due to me. We arrived not long after the actual time we were supposed to be there but I think everybody got there earlier. The FREE beer and schnapps was probably the reason. As everyone had just sat down we had to find a place to sit at another table from our department dudes. So on came the free beer and schnapps (used to wash down the pickled herring). We talked to some of the guys around us, one of them was a big manager man, whom I saw a bit smashed at the Christiansborg later! The food was quite good. No turkey though, which was most poor. Though the roast potatoes were awesome. There was a young band playing some Xmas music which wasnae bad.

The bar was staffed by three lovely young ladies (or was it two?) who - through the art of a wink - we got to keep our pitcher of beer loaded up at our table. Later our Danish friend Lars was chatting them up (even though he has a gf) and tried to get either of them to dance with him. It eventually worked with his second choice after a bribe of five pounds! Near the end, Andy and Lars had a Moon walk competition. Andy won after his literal translation.

I also remember meeting this old English dude, who gave me a cardboard like cigar (not a reference to his knob) and I beat him at table football 10-9 after coming back from 1-9 down :D As the event was in a school there were other facilities, like table tennis and pool that kept the drunkards amused.

Later in Christiansborg, it was only Lars and I who continued the nights events as Andy dropped out like the big Perry Como he is (bit harsh really). He missed Lars asking every woman in the place to dance. I think he danced with one and declined from a punch in the face by a pissed off bf. I danced to a Nephew song with Lars. Plus there were two ladies that came in that were dressed up like Victorian high class woman. One in a red dress and the other in a green one. They had wigs too. The green clad woman showed lifted her skirt to show me her stockings and pants. Thumbs up there. No, not actually 'THERE'! Oh dear...

Some other night we were in Christiansborg a Danish guy bought a bottle of Hot and Sweet, which is neither but actually cold and salty, and shared it with us. Due to national pride and peer pressure I drank a few. Or maybe that was the Xmas party night... who knows.

Oh aye, when Andy's friend Paul was over and we went to Cborg, where we ran into some friends - Palle and his gf. There, a girl came up to me and after the usual "not Danish - talk English please", she actually said this (remember I was sitting with more than 5 people): "you sit there all alone with your friends". What? I had to get her to repeat it several times due to loud music and it NOT MAKING SENSE. After I told her I had a gf she said "oh no, I am professional dancer". Again WHAT? WTF, etc. Now, this girl did NOT look like a "professional dancer", she was a bit chubby and small. I remember dancing with her for a song and proving that I was in fact the better dancer. She eventually got it on with our Swedish friend Tobi who was six or seven years older than her (he was 25). They were at our table while I was dancing and caught glimpses of them tonguing each other while there was other people there. Tobi was also fingering her under the table. Oh yeah....

When I was dancing with Paul (yes I do dance with girls, but that shouldn't be mentioned ;)) I decided to start a wee game. The rules were as follows: I would grab someone's ass nearby, preferable a man, and turn away to look as if Paul did it. Fun game. Paul went solo for a bit and touched up this older woman. When she turned round and her big husband figured out what he done, he said something to Paul in Danish, so Paul replied "It's nothing personal" and groped the guys ass too. Hehehe...

Aww shite, I remember another incident where I saw this guy from the Grundos football club/thing whom I had met before at the bar. There was this big old guy with a large beard in front of him, so I thought it would be funny to stealthily grab the old guys ass and he would naturally blame it on the football guy right behind him. However, "stealthily" equated to me leaning over (in broad sight - with his eyes following me) and grabbing his ass good and proper. Oh dear... He just kept staring at me and I tried a few "it wasn't me looks" to no avail, so I moved round to the far side of the bar.

F U N T I M E Z.

Before returning to the SCO, we spent two nights in Copenhagen, which is such an amazing city. The architecture of some of the buildings was just unbelievable. Some of them here f'in HUGE. There are pics on the digital camera of our adventures but I can't find it. Also, there wasn't much adventuring as I has a proper case of the shits. Yeah!

In other news, I was in The Loft on Friday there as Iain McNaught is leaving for a round-the-world trip plus he was 22. I had beer for the first time in about 2 weeks. It was McEwans 80. It was soo good I nearly came.

Beer was off the menu due to a detox and weight loss programme courtesy of The South Beach Diet where most carbs are off the menu. Worked though as I lost a stone in 12 days and kept it off. I can eat carbo things fine now but not white carbos like white bread, white pasta, white rice, etc. They have been replaced by the brown varieties which taste much the same but are better due to some reason I can't remember.

The result is that I have lost my beer/cake belly from Denmark which is good. Less man boob action too. And I have been going swimming with Mariken twice a week for a few weeks now.

That night ended up in the 'Dive', which I suggested, for one last time there. It was quite empty. I think Cheesy Pop at the QM is the student black hole for a Friday night. There was a guy there with a FightStar t-shirt which I HAD to go up to him an mock him for. His band apparently supported them recently. I made my humble exit from the conversation as not to get hit.

The night ended with Iain getting thrown out of the Dive again. And on that bombshell the rest of the group left, i.e. me and Mariken. Woo yeah!

I give my placement presentation to the university tomorrow so I have spent yesterday and today going over it, thus why I am writing this right now. Then it's swimming time and then meeting up with Iain and some ESE guyz for some eats at Ashoka. Looking forward to a good curry. Not the best place I know, but it's quite good.

Friday is my big bad birthday. 22 I shall be. Looking forward to it actually, though I think that 21 sounds nicer. Nice figure that. So it's from 7.30pm in The Loft so we can commandeer a few tables. It's a joint occasion between Laura, Cammy and I so there should be quite a few there. Not sure what club we'll go to. Dive??! Hehe.

I have a telephone interview with Agilent on the 2nd of March too. In total I've applied to Apple (again, they haven't got back to me), ARM (3 positions: CPU Design Engineer, CPU Design Verification Engineer and SoC Verification Engineer, though nothing back yet), HP and Xilinx. I should really apply to others too.

I'm reading "Dude, where's my country?" by Micheal Moore which I got as a belated Sinterklaas present from Mariken's brother, Jan, when I was over in the NL in January. Technically it's from Sinterklaas though. I'm really enjoying it. Some of the content disgusts me though, I didn't realise the extent of the lies and connections. Not that I should treat this as gospel though, I'm still trying to be objective as he sways you though comedy. I dunno, I promised myself not to talk about my political thoughts as I haven't really paid attention to politics until the last few years so I don't really know much and of course I don't want to be made to look like a fool by my naivety. I leave general political banterings to Pete.


Oh well, it's just gone 7pm so I should have one last go-over of the presentation before watching some Battlestar G.

Thank you for reading down to here and I hope you are all well.

--
mond

1 Comments:

  • Hey liefie dear:).

    Thanks for the update! Will you keep it up? Or are your adventures at home not exciting enough;)?

    Love,
    Tootz

    By Blogger Mariken, at 1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home