I am Mond

Sunday, March 06, 2005

1870

Hello.

This summer there is a plan. A plan like no other. A plan so stupendous that...um, yep.

I would like to climb to the highest point in this map (1870m).

It's approx. 9km from my house in Balloch to The Beast. Sounds like an story for an exciting post-teen horror flick, yes? Entitled "Balloch to The Beast". Hmmm. Obviously we can't travel in a straight line (due to the fact that one of my legs is shorter than the other) so it will be longer. I think it should take about 3-4 hours. Would need to camp there too, obviously not on the PEAK. Would be nice to see the reservoir. Guyz, it's been a while since we done a wee campo expo plus Gman has been back for a bit so who would like to go?

Possibly filming opportunity from Jetcow, yes?

Had an interview with Agilient Technologies on Wednesday there which went well, though I know I got one technical question wrong. That was at 11am and they got back to me at 1.33pm the same day to invite me to a face-to-face interview on the 30th of March. A reason why they were so quick maybe down to the fact that I said to the interviewer that I tried to run Linux on my 4G iPod and he may of got the idea that I did this all by myself from scratch as I didn't mention the actual ipodlinux project. :O

The format is an hour talking about my project and report at Grundfos and an hour "technical" interview, which doesn't sound so fun. When I asked the interviewer what this may contain he said it could be writing some C. :( That means I'll have to brush up on that before then. The actual position is a general software or hardware engineer so there is no definite role.

I spent the weekend there at Mariken's flat and still managed to get some uni work done, which was rather good of us. The labs are 2 mins away from her flat though. Went to see The Life Aquatic with Stevesy (hehe) on Friday night at the Grosvenor. I really enjoyed it. It had a different sort of humour to mainstream comedies - i.e. not in-yer-face humour but more subtle all the way though with peaks here and there. For some reason I want a red hat now.

I watched the last episode of season 1 of Battlestar Galactica, so I'm really really looking forward to the next season in the summer (I think). Multi-cliff hangers. And quite unexpected. I kept on accusing everyone as a Cylon :( He's a Cylon. She's a Cylon ... YOU'RE A CYLON!

--
Derek

3 Comments:

  • I hate to break it to you but Meikle Bin the "mountain" you want to climb is not 1870 metres high but 1870 feet high as this link attests link to mond's downfall . Only 570m to climb.

    Meanwhile, I'm planning to cimb a munro, a REAL mountain, Ben Lomond which is almost twice as high at 974 m(3195 feet) and this is in preparation for the biggy Mr Nevis. So who's up for the better expedition?

    By Blogger joe, at 10:16 am  

  • Yes, Joe, you are correct. I just think in metric you see. I didn't really think about it. If I did that would mean that the hill seen from my house would be approx. a fifth the height of Everest! Hehe.

    I would like to go on a JoeHike(TM). I thought I would start off small though.

    What height constitutes the difference between a hill and a mountain anyway? And do people who have a hill just under the regulated height stack soil on top so it can be called a mountain?

    --
    mond

    By Blogger mond, at 7:11 pm  

  • Don't mean to be in any way patronising, but I climbed half of Ben Nevis when I was like 10! My dad climbed it without any training. The tourist route is really very easy you see;). I've even seen women in heels!!!

    Anyway! Would love to join you, but am somehow assuming this is a male-bonding thing;)?

    Love, M

    By Blogger Mariken, at 1:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home