I am Mond

Monday, August 01, 2005

ISLI

Yeah! I have an interview for an EngD at the Institute of System Level Integration in Livingston :D

It's on Friday from 9.30am till lunch time. I've been told I'll get a tour of the centre, a talk about the programme, a interview by two persons and then lunch.

The interview will be about what I've done at Uni, my research interests, whether I'm able to move outside Scotland and whether I have objections to working in defence companies.

On my application I put down that my main research interest are in the area of reconfigurable computing using FPGAs, which could be used for safety critical, distributed, low power applications and might look into innovative Intellectual Property (IP) designs, algorithm development, hardware/software co-design or tool support.

An offer of acceptance is based upon this interview and if they can find me an appropriate company to carry out the research project for up to three years. If a company is interested, I would then get an interview with them.

I think I would prefer to work in Scotland (to help the Scottish economy and not contribute to the "brain-drain") and not in a defence company but I wouldn't be against it if it were a really good research project in a good environment.

The first year is usually spent studying the same sort of modules the MSc students do, so that will give me greater insight into what I may want to research.

I'm still waiting on a high school teacher getting back to me (I had to get the school to pass on my request) to be a character reference fo HMGCC.

I should still be looking for jobs too :(

Byeee.

--
mond

1 Comments:

  • Hey liefsy:)!

    Of course you ard brilliant and you will pass with flying colours:D! Glad you want to stay in Scotland also:).

    Love,
    Tootz

    By Blogger Mariken, at 11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home